How to Foil a Trollek
Posted by Nancy J. Cohen on September 21, 2012
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MEET A TROLLEK by Nira Larsen, grad student in comparative mythology
- Trolleks move so fast, you’ll see them as a blur of speed. Go back-to-back with a friend so an ugly brute won’t surprise you from behind. Any weapon will do but watch out for their disruptor fire.
- Don’t let a Trollek touch an exposed area of skin, or you’re a goner. You’ll be confounded, i.e. under their spell and compelled to do their bidding. Believe me, you’d rather be dead than be made a mind slave.
- Be aware of the distinction between Trollek males and females. The males are ugly human-like creatures with large ears and noses. On the other hand, the females are beautiful and entice men with their hot looks and irresistible pheromones. Unlike their menfolk, Trollek females have no fondness for human women. If one of them mentions experiments and science lab in the same breath, run and hide.
- Trollek females have some issues with their men. If a Trollek lady aims her sights on you, engage her in a feminist dialogue. It might distract her long enough for help to arrive.
- Watch out for their allies: shapeshifter fire giants, elf kings, and vengeful Norse gods. You can’t trust anyone, especially if they can morph into a lizard or a wolf.
- If a Trollek says, “The Devil made me do it,” believe him.
- Trolleks have a fondness for mirrors. If confronted by a beastie, pull a mirrored compact from your purse and toss it at him while you run away.
- Scream as though your lungs will burst and a Drift Lord might come to your aid. Hope he hasn’t applied his personal protection system if you want to thank him properly for your rescue.
- Ring a bell if you encounter a Trollek. They don’t like loud noises and that might provide enough of a distraction for you to run away.
- Legend says a weapon exists that can defeat these beasts. Follow the clues and you might find it. But hurry; the apocalypse is nearly upon us!
The Trolleks in my Drift Lords series are based on trolls from Norwegian legends. Some people say that certain rock formations may be trolls who have been turned into stone. What is your favorite fairy tale, myth, or legend?
Leave a comment for a chance to win a prize! Share and Tweet to be entered into a grand prize drawing.
Warrior Prince: The Drift Lords Series by Nancy J. Cohen
When mythologist and Florida resident Nira Larsen accepts a job as tour guide for a mysterious stranger, she’s drawn into a nightmare reality where ancient myths come alive and legendary evils seek to destroy her. To survive, she must awaken her dormant powers, but the only person who can help is the man whose touch inflames her passion.
After a dimensional rift in the Bermuda Triangle cracks open and an ancient enemy invades Earth, Zohar—leader of the galactic warriors known as the Drift Lords—summons his troops. He doesn’t count on a redheaded spitfire getting in his way and capturing his heart. Nira has the power to defeat the enemy and to enslave Zohar’s soul. Can he trust her enough to accomplish his mission, or will she lure him to his doom?
Watch the Trailer: http://youtu.be/aVm2FIumw0o
Buy Now: http://bit.ly/anUmcy